Online advertising also known as online marketing, internet advertising or e-advertising is a form of promotion of products and services over the internet and the World Wide Web to deliver marketing messages to attract targeted customers. There are many different types of online advertising that include contextual ads on search engine, banner ads, blogs, social network advertising, dynamic banner ads, cross platform ads, e-mail and SMS marketing.
The internet has become an ongoing emerging source that tends to grow more and more every day. This ever increasing growth of this medium attracts the attention of advertisers as a more productive source to attract the customers. A clear advantage for the customers is the control they have to choose the product and to check it out or not. Web related advertising has a variety of ways to publicize and research a niche audience to focus its attention to a specific group.
Types of Internet marketing
- Display Advertising: We use web banners or banner ads on our websites and blog to drive traffic to your website and increase product awareness.
- Search Engine Advertising: This form of advertising promotes websites by increasing the visibility of the website in Search Engine Result Pages by using paid placement, contextual advertising and paid inclusions.
- Social Media Marketing: It includes promoting your business and website on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Blogger etc.
- E-mail Advertising: It involves directly mailing a commercial ad to a group of people.
- SMS Advertising: It includes advertising through SMS. A commercial message is sent to a group of people to promote your business and website.
- Content Marketing: The content on your website is managed in a way that is improves your listing on the search engine. Also, it includes blog posts and articles on our websites and blog to promote your website.
- Video Marketing: This advertising technique specializes in creating videos that engage the viewer into buying state by presenting information in video form and guiding them to a product or service. These videos are posted on your YouTube account and are promoted by suitable techniques.
- Internet marketing is inexpensive when compared to the traditional advertising techniques. The companies can reach a wide audience for a small fraction of traditional advertising budget. Also, the internet allows the customers to research and purchase products and services conveniently. Thus this medium brings results quickly.
- A major benefit of online advertising is the immediate publishing of the ads and the unlimited range not bound by geography or time. It also is investment efficient. Online advertisement allows for customization of the ads including content, design and posted websites.
- The advertiser can measure the statistics easily and inexpensively. Almost all aspects of web advertising can be traced, measured and tested. The advertiser can determine what offerings are more appealing to the audience. Even the results of the campaign can be measured and tracked immediately because online marketing initiatives require costumer to click on an advertisement, to visit your website and to perform some particular action.